Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hospital Day and Doggie Day Care

I'm sitting at Poudre Valley Hospital in Fort Collins, Colorado waiting for my dad to wake up. He just underwent surgery for a biopsy because there's a recurrance of a cancer that he originally had about 5 years ago. The surgery was to take somewhere around 1.5 hours, but was finished in 1/2 hour instead. That can be good or bad news, but in this case, it appears like it was good news. I say appears as we missed the doctor as we (my brother, Stuart, and I) went to have lunch and took our time coming back -- and we didn't let the front desk know that we were in the cafeteria. Dad's not going to be happy with us. I'd imagine that the doctor would have left a message or that we'd get some news other than "it went well" if there was something more we should be worried about. We probably won't get the results of the biopsy until Thursday, however.

Because I was going to be spending time up here today, I put Jack into doggie day care at Divine Canine -- http://www.divinecanine.net/index.php). I took him about 7:00 this morning and dropped him off -- he was so interested and excited that he didn't even see me leave. I'll pick him up when I get home, so he should have a long, tiring day. Today's also his obedience class -- he should be great there!

Andy and I had a disagreement last night about his brothers. I think he's being too hard on one of his brothers while letting the other get away with things. I probably said too much and should have just kept my mouth shut. Instead when he said that Alex should worry about Daniel's sensitivity, I blew up as I'm tired of having to deal with sibling sensitivity myself. Like I said, I should have just kept my mouth shut (although what I said, I did mean -- I just don't want it to get back to others and it probably will -- sigh...)

The other day it was cool and beautiful. It's back up to hot again (95 F) and I'm missing the cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment