We're getting our carpets cleaned today. So I moved everything out of my bedroom and the living room last night. It was a fair amount of work. I wish I could do without many of the things that I moved out of my bedroom -- my room looks so large with it cleaned out.
I gave my notice at work yesterday. They worked to keep me, but I don't really want to be kept, of course. Of course, at the other end, Michael got some push-back on my hourly fee and so we're not sure how that will turn out exactly. I guess I don't really care -- I'd like some time off prior to starting up again, so if it puts it off a few weeks, I'll be okay with that. Dad would like to go somewhere, so perhaps we could drive off somewhere with Jack -- or we could put him in a kennel, I guess. Michael talked of doing other work if this didn't go too long or if there were other issues. That would be okay by me, too.
It's interesting how when I want to get away from something -- a job, a person, etc. -- and then it comes to doing it, it is always more difficult than I'd like. And it gives me such ambiguous feelings -- perhaps I should have stayed? Perhaps I'll never find another job/person/etc. to take the other's place. These days it doesn't help that Dad wants to give me advice -- his advice -- which is almost always to take the safe path -- stay with the job until there is 100% chance of something else, etc. I told him to keep it to himself'; that I was going to do what I was going to do. He tries and he wants the best for me, but it's difficult to still have your dad telling you what to do with your life. At some point you'd think that they'd leave you alone -- however, even I am laughing as I say that. How can your parents ever leave you alone? I have a hard time leaving my siblings and nieces and nephews alone -- they all need the benefit of my wisdom. So let me laugh a little...
Just so that there's a picture in this post, I'll put up another picture of Jack from day care on Saturday.

No comments:
Post a Comment