Friday, July 11, 2008

Hot, hot, hot

It is hot, hot, hot. Yesterday was 98 F. Today's supposed to be "cooler" -- only 95. We'll see. And somehow I don't think 95 is really that much cooler. I don't do well in the heat.

I'm not sure that Jack does either. He's seemed to move backwards in training over the past couple of days. That may be because the heat, or at least a consequence of the heat -- I'm not taking him out to the dog park or for an extra walk in the afternoon as it is too hot. So, he wants to play and, in his mind, that entails jumping up on me, bothering Simba, or grabbing things that he shouldn't have to grab my attention. So, the heat gets me and then Jack pushes.

And then, there are the boys...

My sister's eldest, Andy is staying at our house this summer while he takes some classes. His best friend from grade school is also here. I think that they are doing really well overall as 20 year-olds go, however, it's very difficult for both Dad and I to deal with the additional people in the house. They eat everything, don't do anything to help out, and leave their things around. I go down to eat something and it's gone. I want to sit on my couch and watch TV, and they are there. However, it's only 2 more weeks and they'll be gone. Thank goodness for short sessions during the summer.

Boy, aren't I in a great mood? No more being the wonderful aunt or dog owner...

Dad comes home from Wooster today. He's been back visiting with Douglas (my brother) and his family and to be in the Wooster 4th of July Parade. The Wooster Clinic (purchased by the Cleveland Clinic some years ago) had a float. Only the "old guys" were on it -- those doctors who helped start the clinic many years ago. Dad and Mom moved to Wooster to be closer to Mom's parents and for Dad to work at the clinic back in 1950 or so. Dad's in the middle front of the float. Also on the float were Mo Dixon, Frank Cebul, Berney Huff, Tom Graves, and others. This is the first time Dad was back in Wooster for a number of years; the last time he went, he went with Mom. I don't think he's wanted to go back, afraid of how he will feel without her there. Of course, he enjoyed it tremendously and everyone planned multiple events to get together with him. And I'm glad he had time with Douglas and his family.

I fixed my toilet yesterday! How great was that! Such a small thing, but the last time I tried doing it, I messed it up. This time, bing-bang-boom -- it was done. Okay, not that easy -- I had to keep buying parts as I kept buying the wrong part. But finally, it was done and it works and I'm pleased I got it done. So, there's one up-tick in my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment