Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Picking Up Dad

Today I picked up dad from the hospital. Well, actually, I picked him up somewhere on I-25 as Stuart brought him down part way (to Johnson's Corner: http://www.johnsonscorner.com/). Dad and I picked up a cinnamon roll. Although they may be "world famous" they sure aren't as good as the cinnamon rolls at Miami University - Oxford, OH, where I went to undergrad school. (Here's the recipe -- http://www.miamialum.org/pages/FunStuff-ToastedRolls.htm -- although I'm not sure that even the ones you could make are as good as the ones that they had. Nostalgia always tastes better.)

We found out more about Dad -- the doctor thought the cancer spots looked "suspicious", so he scraped them out and took what else he thought should come and then closed up, leaving the other part of the surgery undone. That was why it went so fast, taking .5 hour rather than 1.5 hours. It sounds like they'll end up doing what they did 5 years ago -- it was a relatively easy weekly treatment, nothing like having chemo. I do hope it all works out like it did last time, only better (like it really takes).

I left Jack alone in the house (alone being a relative term -- Jessie, Andy's friend, was here, but was in his room and so was as good as not being here) for 2+ hours while I picked up dad and we went and bought some groceries. He did well. He only got into my trash in my bathroom and Andy's trash (Andy left his door open -- thank goodness Jack didn't chew up the underwear and socks on the floor). Not bad for Jack. He's getting more trust-worthy all the time.

The pictures are Jack at 3 months and at 7 months (this month a couple of days ago). I'll add a picture of Jack with his coat clipped as soon as I get it taken.)





No comments:

Post a Comment